Police Discipline, Regulatory and Private Criminal Litigation - Solicitor / Barrister vacancy – (0-5 PQE)
- Full time
- Based at Leeds
Purpose of job:
We are looking to recruit an outstanding solicitor / barrister to join our team.
We are interested to hear from potential candidates who have experience of:
- advising and representing Police Officers subject to criminal and discipline allegations;
- Dealing with complex fraud and criminal cases in the Crown Court;
- Dealing with regulatory cases.
If you are a NQ commercial litigator or working for a commercial firm and you are looking for a change of direction into regulatory law, we would like to hear from you.
To work, as part of a team, advising the firm’s institutional, insurance and private clients.
To specifically deal with:
- Police discipline cases;
- Complex crime and fraud cases;
- Police station interviews / cases at investigation stages;
- To work with team members and assist with existing cases;
- To work with external counsel and experts;
- To travel within Yorkshire and Midlands as and when required to deal with clients.
- We would expect the successful candidate to have a minimum of 0-5 years PQE in a criminal litigation practice or chambers, or be able to demonstrate the equivalent level of skills within a similar law practice;
- A demonstrable enthusiasm for advising and representing Police Officers and Professionals;
- Experience of dealing with interviews under criminal caution with the Police and or other regulators;
- Excellent academic achievements;
- A driving license and access to a car;
- Police station accreditation qualification (preferred but not essential).
The successful candidate will have excellent:
- Client care skills;
- Drafting and analytical skills;
- Communication skills and ability to deal with senior investigators and professional regulators;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritise.
Please apply with full CV and covering letter to:
- Personnel Manager
No Agencies Please.